Using our Excel-based modular approach, we have recently developed a DDMRP System for a manufacturing and distribution client.
We are looking for other companies to beta-test our new DDMRP system, so if you have been through the CDDP program, and want to implement, please contact us .
What is DDMRP?
Demand Driven Material Requirements Planning is a methodology developed and promoted by The Demand Driven Institute. “….. but isn’t all MRP demand driven?” I hear you ask. Well, yes it is, but there is a lot more to DDMRP that that:
- It draws inspiration from many sources including TOC, MRP, JIT, Lean, Kanban, Six Sigma etc.
- It focuses on placing inventory buffers at a number of positions in the process, not just raw materials and finished goods.
- The inventory buffers are sized taking into account:
- lead time
- demand and supply variability
- seasonality, and growing or declining products
- The buffers are managed in a highly visible way
After beta testing, and further refinement, we intend to apply for DDMRP software compliance.